Expecting another zombie sequel, no not this time but you guess is right as this game is also on the same lines which has a theme of killing the undead. These undead are similar to zombies but not the same things, actually more horrible. Personally I like zombies now as I know most of their qualities but not any other creepy dark creature. I am not sure what kind of capabilities it is having but now Zombies are just like known people.
Get ready to jump in new trouble instead of a familiar one instead. But you know accepting new challenges can fascinate more than what you expect at times. It is a dark game with a very limited back ups such as ammunition health packs and sanity. You have to enter in abandoned city collect the samples of infection which took place some time ago. The story line was like that some infection broke out which caused the World to end within 24 hours and you are the sole survivor as usual who has the limited time to save humanity from further destruction.
Now selection of the samples could be the most easy thing to do without the presence of undead around you. In total you have three different weapons, a handgun, an axe and shotgun. You will find yourself struggling a lot while in the start but as the game develops, the things seem to be getting under control. But finding of resources will take a lot of time and causes frustration. But this is part of the game where you have to search for weapons from police stations, food from grocery shops and even abandoned houses. But some of the points remain same for everywhere that food is found in refrigerators while the medicines are found in cabinets of any house.
Do not be carried away with the idea of zombies in mind. Why I am telling you this thing is because of the reason that zombies walk too slow in almost all the games by dragging there feet and there is a sufficient time to kill them but here same will not be the case with these undead. You have sufficient quantity of handgun (pistol) ammo available from the start of this game as there can be reliance on axe all the time. Shot gun is much more accurate as compared to handgun but its ammo is very difficult to find. Handgun requires you to kill the target once it is very close so keep this thing in mind that it will not be killing of a slow zombie. You will find a new emotional aspect in the shape of guilt after killing the monsters which could be cured by recitation of bible verses.
Some of the worth mentioning points regarding End Night are:
- The whole game is played in almost dark area which can be a cause of irritation. Better is to find some darker spot if you want to play the game easily.
- There is some extreme shortage of supplies and most of the times you have to search for a them once there is a drastic need.
- Some of the scenes are repetitive which can be again a reason for getting frustrated. Visual effects of the game certainly allow you to rate better or not. Some of the scenes can be real horrible to look and some of the homes give you extremely haunted feeling.
- Death is permanent and you have to restart from the same level start.
- Once you finish the game you do not like to play it again. Most of the things are found and unlocked with a lot more difficulty but even there is no special reason to play the game again except to improve score.
- End Night HD is a small game, if you are successful making a way out then it should not take more than 3 hours to play this real fun. Overall a nice game to keep yourself safe from undead attacks. It can be real challenge to play the complete game in one go with out losing the hero.
- The controls are a little difficult, especially in the beginning I had a lot of trouble in firing of weapons especially.
Overall a very good game which must be tried. Price of this game is $2.99 but initially it is for same at $0.99. So far the game is only available for iPad in HD version.