Photogene for iPad or iPad 2 is one of the best photo editing application. It has a vast variety of options which let you become a professional photo editor. If you are already a photo professional and searching for a great app like Adobe Photoshop then you are at right place. Photogene provides you with almost similar control as the famous Adobe software does.
You can apply as many tweaks as you want same way as you do in most of the Desktop / Laptop tools. Most of the common tweaks are contrast, curves and levels, change saturation and white-balance, add sharpness, noise reduction. above all it contains a special effect known as Enhance which lets the user to blur and vignettes, along with a whole pocketful of strange filters, speech bubbles and crops.
Sliders are common tool in Photogene App which are used to let you adjust exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, saturation, color temperature, levels, and RGB. There is also a curves editor and a red eye removal tool which can be useful to add additional effects.
This iPad Photogene app offers 16 different pre-set macros which can be applied on to your images. Pre-set macros include ’20s Vintage, Vivid, LOMO, or Grayscale, among others. Most of these macros give a real nice look. You have eight included filters such as Sepia, Edge blur or Heatmap, which can be applied adjusting the filter’s strength using a slider as well.
So I have told you a lot about its positive aspects, now something about negative points in which most important is its interface. Interface or layout of Photogene is not at all attractive to have a look but it is very easy or in other words it is a user friendly app. We can judge its extent of user friendliness by its Curve tool which can put the contrast-curve over the picture so that you can drag and add points right over the photo as you see it.
You can undo several time in Photogene and a reset button can return your photo to its original state, which means you can experiment with your photos without fear of losing the image. But once your photo is looking as per your choice then, it can be saved to the photo library of your iPad or iPad 2. Later on you can upload it to Twitter or Facebook, copy the image to the clipboard, or even e-mail it to a friend.
List of Editing Tools in Photogene for iPad or iPad 2 App
– Crop and straighten.
– Sharpen and noise reduction.
– Full set of color adjustments (including levels and curves). Correct underexposed photos and add a spark to washed-out ones.
– Red-eye correction and healing tool (remove unwanted blemishes or spots).
– Special effects such as reflection or vignette.
– Localized effects: apply filters or color adjustments by “painting” them on specific areas of a photo. The tools include Dodge & Burn, Blur, Grayscale and various effects and filters.
– Add text boxes or bubbles of different styles, colors and fonts.
– Artistic filters such as sepia or charcoal.
– Frames in various shapes and colors, including shadows and glows.
– Wide selection of presets that instantly transform your photo into a work of art. You can also create and save your own custom macros.
– Multiple undo and redo.
– View EXIF metadata, including geo-tagging.
– Give captions to the photos in your library.
– Resize your photos as you export them.
Top In-App Purchases
- Frames Bundle 1$0.99
- Collage templates$1.99
Besides this app you can also take a look some other photo editing apps like Snapspeed for iPad, iPhone App Review, GroupShot App Review and 360 Panorama App. There are also other interesting apps which can be of your interest such as Postage ~ Romance, iSteam – Hot and Steamy Entertainment, Cookie Doodle and The Treasures of Montezuma 3.