Yesterday Samsung announced that the Android 4.3 update, with support for the Galaxy Gear would be shortly headed to the mobile carriers, and now the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update has been released.
The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update should be available for you handset as of now, the update is available as an over the air update.
At last, There are only days left before Nexus owners get Android 4.4 KitKat and Samsung Galaxy S4 owners are finally getting a glimpse of Android 4.3 in the U.S.. S4 owners in the Verizon network are the first to get 4.3 Jelly Bean in the elegant Samsung flagship. No, this is not a Halloween prank (to our knowledge), but is a welcome, if surprising turn of events in the cellular network with the worst reputation for updating their devices in a timely manner.
The update brings a number of new features to the Galaxy S4, which includes support for the Samsung Galaxy Smart Gear Clock, plus KNOX Security Suite from Samsung and more, you can see a list of what is available in Android 4.3 in Samsung Galaxy s devices below.
Verizon is the first major companies to launch the long-awaited update that has already launched across much of Europe. 4.3 In addition to the usual improvements, homeowners receive support S4 Gear, TRIM functionality, Samsung Knox and Wallet, additional LTE band (Band 4) and some other security enhancements, stability and so on. Sadly though, the S4 GPU can not support OpenGL ES3.0 graphics, so you will not see any significant increases in graphics support, although the update brings some improvements reporduction color.
Just to recap, the new Android 4.3 on the Galaxy S4 will feature:
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
To download the update head into Settings>More>About phone>Software update.